Monday 16 April 2012



I admit it. I'm an urbanite wimp. I don't ski or snowboard and I rarely venture up to Tahoe in the winter time. But this year I decided to brave the snow, fresh mountain air and natural beauty of North Lake Tahoe to play SnowFest with the Space Cowboys at Squaw Valley USA.

Of course, I didn't leave the back deck at Squaw all weekend except to go to my room to refresh my drink, but baby steps, right?

This is my set as recorded live from Saturday afternoon on the UNIMOG at Squaw. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. Plenty of bright sunshine and temperatures in the 60s (not ideal for sking or boarding, I was told, but perfect for drinking and dancing!). As there is always a mixed crowd at SnowFest, including families with young children, I made sure to stay on the lighter side of house and breakbeat. I picked these tracks because they're fun, don't contain any profanity and even people who aren't big electronic music fans can appreciate them. Enjoy!

Track List
1. The Grooveymen (Grooveymain Mix) - Melchyor A
2. Vibe Alive - Joey Youngman, Chuck Love (among others)
3. Wanna Dance? (2011 Hot Mix) - Joshua Heath
4. Love Game - Shakedown
5. Dr. Teeth - Layo & Bushwacka
6. Another Way - Inland Knights
7. Back2House - Crazibiza
8. Devil Toy - Hoxton Whores
9. Coma Cat (Stanton Warriors Re-Bump) - Tensnake
10. Bootyful People - Defkline, Red Polo
11. Music's Gettin' Stronger - Soul of Man
12. Take it to the House - Cut & Run
13. Time is Up - Colombo

No comments:

Post a Comment