Thursday 17 January 2013

GRiZ - Mad Liberation (Free Album Download)

GRiZ - Mad Liberation (Free Album Download)
 

Full Mad Liberation Album Download Available at:

http://www.mynameisgriz.com

Mad Liberation is a collection of songs that I have been working on for the past year that ranged from mostly original compositions to varied sample work (retro vinyl recordings and new all original recordings); digital synthesis that took me weeks to master; to live instrumentation tediously and soulfully recorded by myself and some of my very good friends.

This collection of noise - to me - became an album, a sound in a whole, an idea free from limits of thought and more an idea of the heart and soul. Mad Liberation is a piece of me that is representative of my past, breathes life into my present, and is a taste of the future.

I don't have fancy recording equipment, amazing speakers, crazy keyboards, complicated sample packs, proper studio time, cutting edge midi controllers, or outboard mixing gear.

What I do have is an endless imagination of the future/now, unrelenting will, constant fascination, and a heart that has no capacity to stop loving and trying.

This business - when you boil it down - is not about the machine, but about the man. Even electronic music is humanistic. We breath life into these dead things to make them whisper and ROAR!! I am inspired by that fact, and this is what sets me free.

This is Mad Liberation

GRiZ

P.S. Thank you all for continuing to support my sound. I am so blown away, impressed, and excited at how many of you guys come out and show love at my shows! Thanks for being such a big part of it!! (this is only the beginning for #teamGRiZ)

Follow Me:

http://www.facebook.com/therealgriz

http://www.twitter.com/mynameisgriz

Big love to my friends Dominic Lalli (of Big Gigantic) and Dan Hacker (aka MuzzY) for providing some live instrumentation. (Dom's sax in "Mr. B" and Dan's guitar in "Fall in Love Too Fast" & "See You Again")

Release date: Sep 4, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment